Pamilya ng Manggagawang OFWs ng Sorsogon City (PAMOSO)
Mission – To uplift the status of every Filipino Overseas families in Sorsogon City through a collective efforts of the members in order to attain social and economic development.
The families of overseas Filipinos (OFs) in Sorsogon City was organized last October 29, 2015. The group was originally named “ Pamilyang Migrante Orgulyo kan Sorsogon (PAMOSO)” however, due to the difficulty to register the name of the organization, the word “migrante” was removed and changed it to “Pamilya ng Manggagawang OFWs ng Sorsogon City (PAMOSO) as per advised of the DOLE Sorsogon Field Office.
During the ratification of by laws of the organization last September 28, 2016, the group agreed to change the name of their organization and elected new sets of officers. The officers are as follows: President – Catherine C. Ravanilla, Vice-President- Eleanor Derilo, Treasurer- Lourdes Lagada, Secretary- Susan Portuguez, Business Managers – Joseph Lumibao, Erlinda Bausa, Auditor- Olive Jazmin, P.I.O – Emily Ortega. Officers of the organization are represented by the three districts of Sorsogon City.
Accomplishment/Activities done during the last quarter of 2015 to present are as follows:
- Participated on the opening salvo of the month of Overseas Filipinos last December 2015. PAMOSO members joined in a fun run dubbed as “Hakbang Para SA Manlalakbay “, a simultaneous activity initiated by Joint Migration Development Initiative (JMDI) 2 partners in Bicol Region. Our association got a proceeds amounting to P 12,000.00 from the fun run.
- PAMOSO is now a recognized organization by the Committee on Migration and Development headed by National Economic Development Authority (NEDA).
- The Committee on Migration and Development organized a regional organization of overseas Filipinos (OFs) named Integrated Bicol Migrants Organization (IBMO). Catherine Ravanilla, as president of PAMOSO was elected as treasurer of said organization in Bicol Region.
- PAMOSO members participated in a learning journey initiated by the Department of Labor and Employment Regional office V called “Byahing Agripreneur” in Camarines Sur last June 3, 2016. This is an agriculture & business development project for OFW entrepreneur & would be entrepreneurs. The field trips gives them the opportunities on actual site visit of agricultural farms & acquire first hand information in handling agriculture business and experienced one-on-one interaction with successful agribusiness owners in Albay and Camarines Sur.
- The PAMOSO also coordinates with St. Louise de Marillac College for entrepreneurship program through Sister Carmen Abad. Members of PAMOSO went on field trip at Tugos, Sorsogon and Gubat Sorsogon to have an actual knowledge on agribusiness such as hog raising, poultry, vegetable farming etc. if ever they will venture on said business.
- PAMOSO members attended several trainings sponsored by TESDA and BFAR in coordination by Public Employment Service Office (PESO). All of these trainings have no registration like Puto & Siopao making, Different kinds of Chips (Banana, Cassava & Potato), Different kinds of bread, Seaweed pickles, Backyard fishpond, Patis & sardines making.
- Assisted in organizing families of overseas Filipinos in the barangay in coordination with OWWA and PESO. There are seven (7) OFWs circles organized in the barangay.
- PAMOSO initiated the participation of fisher folks in barangay Caricaran and Gatbo Bacon to engage in seaweeds farming in coordination and assistance from Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resource (BFAR)
Plans of PAMOSO
- To venture on cacao plantation, goat raising and piggery for livelihood business and agri-tourism in coordination with LGU-Sorsogon City through a memorandum of agreement (MOA) on the proposed site at Cabarbuhan, Bacon District, Sorsogon City.
- To have a stool in Rompoelas for cafeteria where to cater different kinds of menu learned by OFW’s who worked in Saudi Arabia. This will serves as a transit attraction in Sorsogon City.
- Registration of the PAMOSO to DOLE or CDA so as to have a legal personality.
- To organize a choir to do caroling this coming Christmas Season. This is to raise fund for the projects of PAMOSO.
- To tie-up with the Catholic church for spiritual programs for families of OFWs.
CATHERINE C. RAVANILLA